Throne of Glass #2 - Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

Crown of Midnight is the second book in the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. Make sure to read Throne of Glass (and my review here) before going on! Even if I feel that I am the last one still reading this series!
This book is full of action and mystery and death!
Of course it would be like that... Celaena is an assassin!!And now she is the king's champion, bound to kill his enemies in order to earn her freedom.
First of all let me tell you that I am a huge Chaolena supporter! I really like Dorian, I do! But Chaol is my number one choice for Celaena. So I really enjoyed this book more than the first one as we get to know him better and he is more present in Crown of Midnight. Especially in the first half of the book I had a huge smile and giggled while reading through his own point of view. 
However after a certain event, CHAOS prevails! True story! 
I loved the fact that we learned more about the main characters of the series and in the same time more questions were created in order to keep the reader's interest in high levels!!! Really high ones!!! Especially in the second half of the book the pace was really quick and I totally enjoyed Maas' writing! She is definitely one of my favorite authors!!!

I rated this book with 5 stars!!




Some of my favorite non-spoiler quotes are:

“The rest of the world quieted into nothing. In that moment, after ten long years, Celaena looked at Chaol and realised she was home.” 

“Then Celaena and the King of Adarlan smiled at each other, and it was the most terrifying thing Dorian had ever seen.” 



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)