Blogmas - Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K.Rowling, John Tiffany and Jack Thorne




Hello everyone! This is my third blogmas post and it's time for a new book review! Probably it was one of my most anticipated reads for this year (along with Lady Midnight, A Court Of Mist And Fury and Empire Of Storms!).
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series, and the first one to be presented on stage instead of the big screen.
Our story takes place nineteen years after the events of the seventh book and the main characters are Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy.

I'd heard many mixed feelings about this book that made me even more curious to read it. The truth is that if you expect anything like the previous Harry Potter books, you'll be really disappointed. But if you pick up this book with an open mind, thinking that it is not actually a novel but a script meant to be played and not just read, you will enjoy it like I did!

I won't make a summary of this book as it will spoil you for sure and it's 100% better to dive in without knowing what struggles Albus is going to face and how his relationship is with Scorpius and his family. 
Reading this story made me feel sooo nostalgic! I read the seventh book almost a decade ago and I had missed all this magic so very much! Reading about adult Harry, Ron and Hermione felt like meeting an old friend and catching up with our news!!

As the whole book is written in dialogue form only, it is a really quick read! I read it in a couple of hours actually. I recommend making a hot beverage,lighting some candles and reading it by the Christmas tree! I read it back in August but I will probably reread it this holiday season! 










I gave this script a 4.5 out of 5 stars!





Some of my favorite quotes:

“Those that we love never truly leave us, Harry. There are things that death cannot touch. Paint . . . and memory . . . and love.”  

“In every shining moment of happiness is that drop of poison: the knowledge that pain will come again. Be honest to those you love, show your pain. To suffer is as human as to breathe.” 

“It’s tough to live with people stuck in the past, isn’t it?” 


Here are some photos from the cast!


Albus Potter and his parents



Rose Weasley and her parents



Scorpius Malfoy and his father




18 more days until Christmas!





I wish I could spend Christmas at Hogwarts! Anyone else??
See you tomorrow!
xoxo Joan!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)