Because You Love To Hate Me - book review!


This is an anthology where 13 writers teamed up with 13 BookTubers to give us their villains' point of view!



Authors: 
Renée Ahdieh, Ameriie, Soman Chainani, Susan Dennard, Sarah Enni, Marissa Meyer, Cindy Pon, Victoria Schwab, Samantha Shannon, Adam Silvera, Andrew Smith, April Genevieve Tucholke, and Nicola Yoon

BookTubers: 

Benjamin Alderson (Benjaminoftomes), Sasha Alsberg (abookutopia), Whitney Atkinson (WhittyNovels), Tina Burke (ChristinaReadsYA blog and TheLushables), Catriona Feeney (LittleBookOwl), Jesse George (JessetheReader), Zoë Herdt (readbyzoe), Samantha Lane (Thoughts on Tomes), Sophia Lee (thebookbasement), Raeleen Lemay (padfootandprongs07), Regan Perusse (PeruseProject), Christine Riccio (polandbananasBOOKS), and Steph Sinclair & Kat Kennedy (Cuddlebuggery blog and channel)

Some authors I new, some I didn't and the same with the BookTubers! But I was really curious about this anthology!

I am not a super fan of villains to say the truth, but I was always intrigued by their motive and their past... how did they end up being villains?

I gave this book a 2.5/5 stars because there were stories that I loved and stories that made me fall into a huge reading slump for more than 3 months!




My favorite stories were:

The Blood Of Imuriv by Renee Ahdieh
Gwen and Art And Lance by Soman Chainani
The Sea Witch by Marissa Meyer
Beautiful Venom by Cindy Pon
Death Knell by Victoria Schwab
Indigo and Shade by April Genevieve Tucholke

I will not give you a summary like usual since this is a collection of short stories but I would recommend it to you if you are curious to check your favorite author's writing or check an author you haven't read before!

For example, I haven't read a book by Victoria Schwab but after reading her story, I really want to read her books! Truth is that her series have obtained only the best of comments!

If I had to choose my favorite villain... I would go with Joker...!Which one is yours?



Have you read this anthology?

Which story did you like the most??? 
See you again soon!!
xoxo Joan!



“Villains, the deliciously wicked. We love to hate them and they hate to be loved, if only because being hated frees them from having to be good.” 


Comments

  1. I chose the penguin .. i really like your posts bravo joan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)