Happy New Year and My Year In Books on Goodreads for 2017 and Top 5 Books of 2017

Happy New Year Everyone!
Another year... another journey!
Like every year I like to revisit what I've read and choose my favorite books! I have a post like this for 2015 and 2016 as well! And this is the third year for me! WOW!!!
For the detailed page visit my Goodreads profile here!





I read 23 books this year, which is not as I had planned, but I had a huge reading slump this year that justifies it to the fullest! Hahah!! However,  I had a great time reading and that is what actually counts! That's why I decided to lower my Goodreads reading goal so that it seems that I reached it, when I actually was planning to read 40 books.... Never happened!!!! 😋😋



I love how Goodreads offers this stats every year and let you set a reading goal! As an organization freak I like that stuff! Hahah!!

I also managed to read 7 books released this year and 5 new authors! (new for me!)

Now let's move to my Top 5!! I decided to go for 5 books because I didn't read that much....😓

Let's begin! 

No.5
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge


A surprise read for me! I decided to read it just to pass some time on the subway and I ended up obsessed!!! I won't say more since a review is coming soon, but let me just say that I wish I had read it when it was released and get the whole hyped feeling! I enjoyed it very very much and I recommend it to fantasy and romance lovers!







No.4
Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye


I have spoken many times about how much I loved this book and the whole duology in general! I have a full spoiler free review here! And I have also written about the sequel here! The only sure thing for now is that I am stalking Evelyn Skye for her new releases!!!!









No.3
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas


One of my most anticipated reads for 2017 along with no.2 and no.1! And it did not disappoint me!!!!The third book in the "A Court Of Thorns And Roses" book series. Rhysand will always be my bae! 😍 Read my review here, or if you haven't started this series read my post about the first book here! The story with Feyre and Rhysand may be concluding with this books but three more books are coming in the same world! I wish we'll see our favorite characters again!!








No.2 
Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas


The fifth book in the "Throne Of Glass" series. Another series I've been fangirling about for years! This one may have been my favorite in the series for one reason only.... CHAOL!😍😍😍 Fantasy, assassins, magic, indrigue, lovers... ALL THE FEELS!! A full review is also coming soon but if you haven't read visit my post about the first book here!






No.1
Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare






This book.... I can still feel EVERYTHING!!!! Like I read it yesterday!! Cassandra Clare is a QUEEN!! She knows how to mess with your heart... OMG!!! I can't wait for the next book and I'm so sad it will be the last one... THEN WHAT CASSANDRA????? THEN WHAT???? I have a spoiler-free review for this book as well here or go check out Lady Midnight, the first book of the trilogy!

I believe those last years Sarah J. Maas and Cassandra Clare have always been on the top of my list! I hope they continue publishing such amazing books!!! 💕💕

I am waiting to read about your top5!! 
I also wish everyone to accomplish your goals this year and to read as many books as make you happy! 
Love and kisses!
Joan!




Comments

  1. I absolutely love The Dark Artifices series too Joan, it's my favourite of all her series so far and I love the humour and diversity of characters. I know so many find Sarah J Maas problematic but I absolutely love her books, even with the cheesy sex scenes. I've literally had Cruel Beauty on my shelves for years and have just pushed it aside. Really looking forward to your review seeing how much you enjoyed it. Here's to a 2018 of even more brilliant books! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too! If you read Cruel Beauty let me know if you like it!!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)